- Broad scope
- Excellent opportunity for junior lawyers
- Excellent career growth
Our client, a leading private equity firm headquartered in the US is looking to fill a newly created Legal & Compliance Counsel role.
Reporting into the APAC General Counsel, the successful candidate will provide advice on a broad range of legal and compliance matters related to fund formation, investments, regulatory obligations, AML/KYC and general corporate commercial matters (in the context of asset management/private equity business).
You are LLB qualified and called to the Singapore Bar (min 1 PQE). You should come with a combination of in-house as well as private practice (candidates coming directly from law firm would be most welcomed to apply). Prior experience in advising on M&A/PE transactions and exposure to funds related work would be a major plus (although not essential). Chinese skills will be helpful (not a must) due to business operations in mainland China (as part of the broader APAC region remit).
This is an excellent opportunity for junior lawyers in private practice to transit into an in-house role in the private equity space. The hiring team is committed to the development and training of the successful candidate.
- Advise on transactional (M&A/PE investments and divestments)
- Provide ad-hoc legal support to portfolio companies
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Draft and review a broad range of commercial contracts
- Assist in the drafting of legal policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Developing and maintaining contract templates
- Work with external counsels (whenever appropriate) on a wide array of matters
- Provide support on corporate secretarial matters
- Advise on regulatory compliance matters (AML/KYC, policies, review and monitoring)
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Min 1 PQE
- In-house and/or law firm (M&A/PE Practice) experience
- In-house experience in funds/asset management/financial services industry a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Chinese skills (not a must)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496