- Lead role
- High visibility
- Clear growth trajectory
Our client, a global Shipping company is looking to fill a Lead, Insurance & Claims role based out of Singapore. Reporting into the Head of Insurance & Claims, you will be part of an established regional team with the mandate to manage all claims matters.
- Handle all claims matters from direct customers, carriers, insurers, lawyers and recovery agents
- Ensure all cargo claims and litigation matters are managed to minimise disruption to operations
- Lead an offshore team to ensure all engagement and negotiations on claims result in the most optimised outcome
- Support Head of the department to coordinate Claims responses to major incidents
- Identify and help bridge knowledge gap in the current team
- Provide the cargo claims and system training whenever the need arises
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels as and when needed
- Degree qualified (in maritime studies)
- Relevant experience in Marine Claims & Insurance
- Spent time in a Shipping company and managing cargo claims from a carrier’s perspective
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
You are degree qualified ideally in Maritime studies and have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the marine claims & insurance space. Prior experience working in a Shipping company with exact exposure to cargo claims work would be very well regarded.
This is a lead role whereby there will be responsibility to provide oversight on an offshore claims team.
The company has a progressive environment, flat hierarchy and high growth trajectory. To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, independent, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496