- Exciting and fast paced environment
- Team management role
- Opportunity to be part of a promising and high growth business dealing with frontier topics
Our client, a global leading FinTech company is looking to fill a Lead Counsel role. Reporting into the Head of Legal managing all international markets, The Lead Counsel will primarily be supporting and advising business stakeholders on a broad range of legal, compliance and regulatory matters. Managing a team of counsels, the successful candidate will work closely with global teams in managing new products roll out (from cradle to grave across complex matters in legal structures, risk & compliance, regulatory engagements and others)
Prior experience in Banks, Payments or FinTech companies will be well regarded (although not necessary). Candidates with strong transactional experience. Gained with top Singapore law firm and/or international will be well suited for the role.
You are legally qualified (US/UK/SG preferred) with ideally min 10 PQE. Chinese skills (written and spoken) is required due to business needs.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment. Strong passion for fintech and a positive mindset/attitude will be critical to be successful in the role.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts
- Partner closely with global legal team and advise on various legal, compliance and regulatory matters
- Kept abreast of developments in the FinTech landscape (specifically in payments and related domains) across the Asia region
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Assist on submissions to obtain regulatory and licensing approvals whenever required
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- Support the Lead Counsel on any other matters
- Bar qualification (min 10 PQE)
- Transactional experience gain in top Singapore or International law firms (preferred)
- Keen interest to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with frontier topics within the Payments space
- Commercial and solutions driven
- Mature, independent and hands on
- Chinese skills (written and spoken)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496