- A global consumer product company
- An established close knit team
- Excellent career growth
Our client is a global consumer product company with global headquarters in Singapore. Due to business growth, they are currently on a lookout to hire a Corporate Counsel to join the team.
Reporting into the General Counsel, you will be part of an established close knit team supporting stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters including drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts, managing intellectual property related matters as well as providing overall operational support.
You are LLB/LLM/Bachelor's degree qualified with at least 3 years of relevant experience gained from law firm and/or in-house roles. Chinese skills will be well regarded given the global coverage of the role includes handling matters in mainland China (but not a must). Prior experience in consumer goods, manufacturing, product (as opposed to services) companies will be well regarded. Bar qualification is a must.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be an independent team player, take ownership in delivering, and have strong commercial acumen.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts across the APAC region/jurisdictions
- Provide support in Intellectual Property matters (IP prosecution, IP inventory management, IP enforcement)
- Advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance topics
- Identifying and managing risk and liability face by the business in their areas of operations
- Play the role of a strong legal business partner to help business team achieve commercial objectives
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions
- Provide support in handling disputes matters as and when they come up
- Provide corporate secretarial support
- Degree qualification (LLB/LLM preferred)
- Min 3 years of experienced in gained from general corporate commercial in-house as well as private practice experience roles
- Good Chinese skills (not a must)
- Independent and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience consumer goods, manufacturing sectors (essentially product over services companies) a plus
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496