Back to jobs
- Posted 10 August 2023
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
A leading B2B payments Fintech is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join their team. You'll lead their internal audit function, overseeing and managing all aspects of their internal audit process, ensuring they are operating in compliance with the relevant and applicable Laws, regulations and internal polices.
You'll be key in establishing a strong internal Auditing function within their business, providing an independant and objective evaluation of their control systems and risk management. They offer lots of potential to grow professionally within their business. You'll be a great fit if you are looking for an exciting challenge where you'll have a lot a ability to have an impact on a scaling business.
- Collaborate with senior management and the audit committee to develop a comprehensive internal audit plan that addresses key risks and priorities, aligning with organisational objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Perform risk-based internal audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, identify control weaknesses, and evaluate compliance with policies and regulations.
- Analyse audit findings, assess the significance of identified issues, and determine the root causes. Prepare clear and concise audit reports that effectively communicate findings, recommendations, and remediation plans to senior management and the audit committee.
- Collaborate with management to develop practical and actionable recommendations and advise on best practices and emerging trends in internal audit and risk management.
- Track and monitor the progress of remediation plans and actions resulting from internal audits. Engage with stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of agreed-upon corrective measures. Provide periodic updates to management and the audit committee.
- Keep abreast of changes in regulations, laws, and industry standards relevant to the organisation. Assess the impact of these changes on internal controls and risk management practices and make recommendations for adjustments or enhancements as needed.
- Continuously improve internal audit processes, methodologies, and tools to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and quality. Identify opportunities for automation and leverage technology solutions to streamline audit activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including senior management, the audit committee, external auditors, and regulatory bodies. Collaborate and coordinate with other assurance functions to ensure a cohesive approach to risk management.
- Appropriately assess risks when evaluating business decisions, with particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and the protection of assets.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, demonstrating sound ethical judgment and behaviour.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in internal audit role within the financial industry, preferably within the fintech industry, consultancy or Big Four.
- Working understanding of financial services regulatory environment, ideally in the payments/E-money space.
- A collaborative approach to working with others and committed to an inclusive environment.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter with high level of integrity and positive attitude.
- Occasional travel may be required.