An exciting insurance company are looking for a well-versed Business analyst. This person must have experience within the insurance domain.
This is a key role which will provide business analysis across all IT Projects / work packages, in particular those that fulfil the individual business’ IT Strategy.
The role will work as part of the Business Analysis Team and in conjunction with the external consultants and the business users.
This will be a challenging and diverse role in a constantly evolving environment, and you will be expected to be the key link between business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure solutions are feasible and developed in line with expectations. You will be an advocate for Business Analysis, and will be expected to challenge the norm, innovate and assert new ideas. It is a highly visible role, with a direct impact on the success of the company as a whole.
- Elicit and document business process requirements;
- Evaluate solutions to ensure they are efficient, cost effective and practical;
- Lead workshops through proof of concept / pilot
- Influence outcomes aligned to the strategic goals
- Analyse requirements prior to their configuration in a third party system
- Document proposed solutions;
- Ensure standard methodologies are applied;
- Collaborate with the technical team and experts;
- Collaborate with quality assurance;
- Act as an interface between the business community and development teams.
We are looking for someone with the right blend of business and technical knowledge, communication skills and creativity in order to thrive in this position.
- Around 3-5 years’ experience as a BA in the London Insurance Market.
- Demonstrable experience applying techniques which help when investigating, analysing, modelling and recording a business area or specific system. Proficient in using tools (manual or automated) to record the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation, such as: class diagram and relational data model.
- Proficient in applying standards, practices, codes, and assessment and certification programmes relevant to the IT industry and the specific organisation or business domain.
- Proficient in establishing relationships, analysing perspectives and managing stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines; adapting stakeholder engagement style to meet the needs of different audiences.
- Proficient in methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, requests for proposal (RFP) invitations to tender (ITT) and statements of requirements/work both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity of working with stakeholders to define user stories and working with the Project Manager to manage backlogs and define sprints.
- Demonstrable experience of working in project environments with different delivery methodologies, i.e. Waterfall, Agile and the ability to quickly adapt to ‘hybrid’ delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of working within project governance models and the concept of quality gates / stages.
- Strong communication and analysis skills, and an ability to work with users at all levels of seniority and technical ability.
- Own the requirements capture process. Will need to be seen as a reliable and trusted advocate and manage expectations.
- Experience of requirements definition and successfully leading workshops to achieve pragmatic outcomes.
- Experience in capturing processes for embedding in workflows.
- Good understanding of uses of technology within the Financial sector
- Certified BCS Business Analysis Professional, with evidence of working knowledge BA methodologies such as BPMN (Business Process Modelling and Notation) is essential.