The opportunity is an exciting match for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer. You will be joining a growing IT & Transformation team supporting the day-to-day running of the on-premises and cloud infrastructure while providing technical assistance to the businesses on-site and traveling workforce.
The Infrastructure Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
This role requires a strong technical skillset across multiple technologies.
- Perform onsite/remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT-related problems. Recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, and email incidents and requests. Record, track, and document ensuring SLAs are met.
- Supporting the infrastructure throughout its lifecycle, configuration, installation, update, and support.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, and networks.
- Proactively working to reduce support incident and problem tickets through automation, root cause analysis of recurring issues, and new technology.
- Carry out and report on project deliverables.
- Identifying risk, reporting to IT Management
- Monitor and react to key infrastructure alarms, metrics, and security events.
- Maintaining inventories of hardware and software
- Managing backups and restoring tests.
- Experience working for Financial, Legal, or similar professional level companies dealing with C-level executives in high pressured environments.
- Working at a 2/3rd line technical level for 5+ years
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Office 365. Specifically, around Exchange and Sharepoint.
- Azure IAAS. Setting up storage accounts, building virtual networks, creating and managing virtual machines.
- Azure Intune/Endpoint security. Enrolling devices, creating policies and baselines, automated deployment of applications.
- Windows Server Administration. Competent in the understanding of the configuration of critical roles and features. AD, DNS, DHCP, NPS,
- Supporting and configuring Firewalls, Routers, and Switches. (Cisco/Meraki experience preferable.)
- Working with Virtualization technology. (Vmware).
- Experience automating tasks with tools such as power automate, flows, Powershell, Intune and Autopilot, PDQ, SCCM.
Type: Permanent, full-time, hybrid (few days onsite)
Salary: Market rate
Benefits: Discretionary bonus, 30 days Holiday, Cycle to work scheme, private medical Insurance, Pension Scheme, subsidized gym membership, and pension scheme