- Play a critical and transformational role as part of the Leadership team, managing a brand-new global R&D facility
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing and global player in the Life Sciences space
- Excellent remuneration package
My client, a world-leading life science company with a diversified portfolio and sales, are looking to hire a Head of R&D for the group and lead all research and development activities from early innovation and concept generation through scale up, validation and launch.
You will establish the vision and direction of research and development by providing clear communication of short and long-term objectives aligned with overall business priorities.
- Leads research and development activities from early innovation and concept generation through scale up, validation and launch.
- Sets the R&D vision and Innovation strategy for short & long term, which is customer centric, sustainable, high quality and compliant.
- Enable the delivery of a high-quality on-time cadence of meaningful innovation by leading overall Product Development across multiple platforms.
- Take identified product concepts through development process to successful commercialization balancing requirements of cost, speed, & quality.
- Manage the new global R&D centre and lead the Organization across multiple functions to deliver committed product launch outcomes. Implement performance standards and hold leaders accountable to ensure the on time, high quality launches now and into the future.
- Represents the Company at conferences and customer visits and collaborate externally with Academic and Industrial partners. Collaboration and initiatives with internal & external groups, like startups, external innovation challenges.
- Leads the research and development team to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- A Masters degree in Sciences, Engineering, Pharmacy, Business or related fields is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of professional Research & Development experience is required.
- Experience working in a life sciences company with an emphasis in developing and commercializing products
- The incumbent must demonstrate excellent communication skills and possess the ability to influence at senior levels
- This individual must have experience partnering with internal/external resources to drive innovation
- Demonstrated leadership in leading and working in a cross functional team is required
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships in the following areas: Marketing, Technology, Formulations, Operations, Regulatory and/or Legal are necessary
- Demonstrated experience in new product development is required.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496