- Singapore Headquartered asset management with growing regional footprints
- Lead a team of legal and compliance professionals
- Extensive stakeholder management
This is a stellar opportunity with a growing asset management firm looking to increase its presence regionally. Established in Singapore for more than a decade, they’ve established strong and unique investment strategies to
tap into new markets. This is a critical hire for the organisation as you’ll be helming the legal and compliance team and set the corporate governance tone for the organisation
- Legal advisory related to investment strategies, funds structuring and PPM/business partnership agreements, across the region.
- Work with a team of in-house counsels on transactional documentation work such as drafting and negotiating for investment related activities
- Point of contact for regulators, auditors, external counsels etc.
- Compliance advisory for topics related to AML/KYC, transaction monitoring, sanctions and regulatory compliance to ensure corporate governance is met for a CMS license holder
- Maintain a strong compliance framework and ensure timely regulatory reporting is done
- Point of contact for regulators (MAS), auditors, external counsels, AMLRO, PDPA etc.
- Guide a team of lawyers and compliance officers to maintain and/improve the overall legal and compliance framework
- Singapore or Commonwealth qualified lawyers with at least 8PQE.
- Experience in-house with an investment management/funds related organisation. Lawyers direct from a funds practice in private practice/ who’ve moved to compliance and want to return to a hybrid role can also apply.
- Ideally has prior knowledge in both legal and compliance related matters
- Team management experience is ideal but not compulsory
- Regional funds experience and strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.