- Group/HQ role
- Highly visible
- Exciting and fast paced environment
Our client, an international technology company with market leading position in the space they compete in is looking to fill a newly created Head of Government Affairs role based out of their Singapore office. Reporting into the General Counsel, the key mandate of this individual would be to lead and manage government, regulatory and public affairs at the company wide level (with a focus in SEA markets).
The role will focus on spearheading the company’s government affairs strategy by engaging with regional governments, regulators, business networks/chambers of commerce, think-tanks and related associations and business forums with the goal to achieve fair, successful and optimal operating environment for the company (now and future)
- Reports into the company’s General Counsel who heads up both Legal & Government Affairs functions
- Partner closely with colleagues from other departments which includes but not confined to senior management, PR/Corporate Communication, Marketing, Strategy and Product, advising on governmental and regulatory issues that come up
- Develop and drive government affairs strategy in collaboration with cross functional team members
- Engage with policy decision-makers at the SEA level and with member countries
- Understanding the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and related agreements, and its impact on the business
- Keep abreast of latest developments and working to influence ASEAN’s policies in business areas relevant to the company and overall digital economy
- Monitor the political and regulatory landscape in the SEA region and ensure opportunities and threats are identified and communicated across to business leaders at both country and regional levels
- Actively engage with lawmakers, regulators, policy makers, industry/business/trade associations, civil societies and government officials to ensure the company’s reputation and interests are well represented and enhanced
- Establish and maintain communication and engagement with counterparts at other industry participants within the relevant ecosystem including competitors (where legally permissible).
- Minimum 12 years of experience in relevant role(s) with regulatory or government agencies or corporate positions
- Legal qualifications preferred but not a must (at least a bachelor or master’s degree from accredited institutions)
- Active network of senior government contacts in South East Asia countries
- Good knowledge and or strong interest in the Technology industry and SEA political environments
- Strong political acumen
- Excellent advocacy and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills
- Proven track record of being able to influence stakeholders at all levels of seniority and background
- Outstanding language skills in English and Mandarin. Competency in a South East Asian language will be well regarded but not a must
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently but also within a team environment
- Able to be very hands and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel frequently within the South East Asian region.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496