- Global role
- Dynamic, change environment where you will support the development and implementation of Fraud Risk and Compliance
- Organisation is known to hire top tier candidates
Our client is a dynamic, global FinTech start up business within the Payments sector looking to appoint a Head of Fraud Risk to be based in Singapore. This is a newly created, leadership position reporting directly into the Chief Compliance Officer, where you will have the opportunity to define Fraud risk strategy for cards as well as others payment modes and drive initiatives to protect the business from Fraud losses and brand damage.
This role will see you focus on three areas of Risk/Compliance: Fraud Risk and Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Controls and Transaction Monitoring.
- Spearhead strategy and execution for fraud Prevention, detection and investigation for Cards including other payment methods aimed at reducing fraud losses
- Conduct Fraud Modelling exercise and design new use cases of potential frauds.
- Build the capabilities to scale for analysis of high-risk transactions within a business portfolio.
- Measure and document ROI/business impact for business enhancements
- Identify system enhancements to prevent fraudulent activities, and work with stakeholders for implementation.
- Define & finetune fraud detection systems used in processing of Cards
- Analyse fraud trends and institute appropriate proactive actions to control fraud losses taking into consideration risk versus customer service;
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Card Fraud Prevention and Detection, and work with teams on team how to leverage efficient processes and technology
- AML/CFT Champion for the Cards Team responsible for customer on-boarding CDD and on-going review of high-risk customers;
- Working with various stakeholders to ensure full compliance of all regulatory requirements, such as MAS Notices, Policies etc.
- Assist various stakeholders to escalate matters to Business Compliance, Group Compliance and Operational Risk Management for guidance.
- Set up processes for Monitoring of high-risk accounts / transactions and escalation to Business Compliance & Group Compliance for STR filing where appropriate;
- Review and testing of various business units within the Division on control and compliance functions to ensure full compliance of internal group policies as well as regulatory requirements;
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems or related fields.
- Preferably 8 – 12 years of relevant risk or business analytics experience
- Strong understanding of the payment technology industry
- Demonstrated aptitude to think creatively to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems
- Strong risk management principles, methodologies and tools, governance principles preferably in a financial services technology environment
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn the business needs, processes, software, and systems.
- Experience in managing product risks and advising clients in implementing risk mitigation strategies, policies and solutions
- Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.