Our client is a globally renowned reinsurance broker who is actively growing their international teams across APAC, Europe and LATAM. The Casualty division is responsible for traditional lines of business and will be instrumental in shaping and growing the cyber portfolio.
- A globally recognised reinsurance Broker is looking to grow the senior management team in London, by hiring an expert to oversee the strategy for global (ex-US) casualty business.
- A diverse role, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues and clients across most major insurance hubs, devising the group strategy, managing performance, acting as subject-matter expert and in a business development capacity.
- Initially based in London, you have the option to relocate to other major cities in Europe, Asia or Australia.
- Define and lead the International Casualty business, analysing current performance and implementing strategies that will improve performance.
- Analyse current performance of casualty and liability business across different geographic regions and identify local market trends, working with local brokers to maximise profitability.
- Identify new growth areas and proposition offerings that the business can offer to clients and lead the delivery.
- Act as Subject-Matter-Expert for Casualty business, supporting regional brokers on complex deals and meeting with clients when necessary.
- As a centralized function, you will be the conduit for global collaboration, encouraging different regions to work together to maximise service delivery and profitability.
- Prepare white papers and speak at relevant conferences, acting as a brand ambassador to ensure the company is identified and known as a market leader for casualty business.
- Report to the Global Head of Casualty, and also be an advocate for best practices in all regional groups.
- Manage a small team, both locally and internationally.
- Expert in diverse casualty lines of business, with demonstrable experience of international re/insurance products and trends.
- Strategic oversight experience; able to set parameters to analyse performance and able to use the results to define strategies that will improve or maximise profitability.
- Appreciation for technical and quantitative approach, with an eye for detail on the numbers. It is crucial you are able to communicate with actuarial and finance audiences.
- Great communication skills – English fluency is required as a minimum. Those who can speak other European languages (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish preferred) or Japanese will be prioritised.
- Track record of managing and growing teams.
- Experience in Underwriting, Portfolio Management, Risk or Actuarial who are looking for a new track should apply!
London is the preferred location but other cities can be considered - including Munich, Paris, Stockholm, Singapore or Tokyo.