- Broad scope
- Exciting opportunity
- Great for career growth
Our client, an exciting and fast-growing Technology startup backed by tier 1 Venture Capitalist and Private Equity Firms is looking to fill a newly created Group General Counsel role. Rep
Reporting into the C-suite team, the successful candidate will be given the remit to advise stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters which include commercial contracts drafting and review, transactional matters (fund raising through debt and/or equity deals), Intellectual Property, Data Protection, and others.
To be successful in the role, you will need to hands-on, collaborative and have strong commercial acumen. Prior experience in high growth/fast paced/startup environment will be well-regarded.
- Lead and build the Legal function.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial contracts.
- Advise on transaction matters (M&A, debt and equity fund-raising)
- keeps abreast of relevant legal and regulatory developments that will affect business operations and advise stakeholders accordingly.
- Provide legal advice to corporate functions on various matters i.e., with HR with regards to employment related matters
- Manage external counsels as and when required.
- Advise on IP and licensing related matters.
- Advise on data privacy matters and take charge in formulating data protection policies.
- LLB/Juris Doctor qualification from a recognised institution
- Prior experience in a startup/high-growth environment a plus
- Min 8 PQE
- Hands on, strong commercial acumen and a proven team player
- Mandarin skills required due to the need to liaise with stakeholders in mainland China
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496