- Based in Jakarta
- Newly created role
- Great for career growth
Our client, an exciting US listed multi-product FinTech company that is looking to further expand their presence across the ASEAN region is looking to fill a newly created GM of Indonesia role.
Reporting into the ASEAN CEO, this is a high impact hire with full P&L responsibilities at the country level. As the most senior appointment holder for the country, the successful candidate will play a critical role in developing and implementing the country’s strategy in business development, regulatory/governmental relations, licensing, and other matters. Working closely with senior stakeholders across Product, Technology, Finance, Legal & Compliance, and other key functions, you will play a key role in formulating the business plans for key segments/product/business unit and see through the end-to-end execution of the plans.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial business leader with proven track record of growing a successful business in the region (ideally in the FinTech, Payments, E-Commerce, or Financial Services space). Strong experience in business development and in navigating the regulatory landscape would be very well regarded
- Full P&L Ownership
- Formulate strategies for key market segments/products/business units
- Work with other functional leads to execute business plans
- Identify growth opportunities for all product lines at the country level
- Take ownership of KPIs and revenue targets
- Engage with C-suite/decision makers to originate commercial opportunities
- Explore opportunities to form strategic partnerships/alliances with industry players across the region
- Keep abreast of development in the fintech, payments, financial services space including regulatory and compliance requirements which will impact operating environment
- Engage with regulators and ensure compliance to existing regulatory frameworks and licensing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s qualification from an accredited institution
- Strong startup mentality (hands on, solutions driven, think outside the box, willingness to take on new approaches)
- Passion for FinTech
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Min 10 years of regional experience in General Management (P&L ownership), Business Development/Corporate Development/Strategy
- Prior experience in Management Consulting (Strategy), Investment Banking before moving into a fintech operational P&L role would be well-regarded.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496