Working for an established International cross border payments business that has recently had a large amount of investment and is looking to increase their footprint across Europe, is looking to hire a General Manager based in Amsterdam.
As the General Manager for Europe, you will be tasked to lead the growth strategy and expansion of the European business, building a culture of high performance and execution.
The role reports directly to the CEO.
- Identifying new opportunities for growth that fit the strategic proposition in European markets and be accountable for the turnover, revenue and profit
- Develop, agree and implement a European expansion strategy, scaling in existing markets and launching in new
- Collaborate with the CEO and global country management team to identify areas of best practice and ensure process consistency across regions
- Responsible for development and submission of the EU budget/forecasts and accountable for achieving budget and remaining within agreed expenditure targets unless agreed with CEO
- Build collaborative relationships with key support functions, locally and Globally to ensure the success of the European strategy
- Strong knowledge of the European SME landscape, the needs and wants of our customers
- Support people and teams who appropriately question the status quo and innovate for the future; is honest when ideas can’t be progressed, or action can’t be taken
- A true growth specialist with experience of leading and launching businesses into new territories
- Have a strong background in Payments/Fintech
- Balance the needs of the organisation with the needs of the local business