- Key leadership role within the company’s APAC structure
- Well known FMCG MNC with iconic brands loved by consumers globally
- Clear progression plan in place for this position
Our client is a revered FMCG MNC with a global presence. They are currently seeking an experienced Regional Business Development Manager to be based in Tokyo or at their Regional HQ in Singapore depending on the successful candidate’s preferences. This position is responsible for Japan & North East Asia and as such please only apply if you speak Japanese at a business proficiency level.
The Business Development Manager for Japan & North East Asia will hold a key strategic leadership position within my client’s APAC structure and will be the operative lead for the brand in Japan & North East Asia.
- Managing the relationship between the APAC HQ in Singapore and distributor’s team in Japan for all launch and day to day business, and being the escalation point for any issues that may arise
- Building a strong partnership with the distributor’s marketing team to develop BTL activities and create a solid marketing plan
- Planning and tracking the budget to ensure channel and brand profitability
- Analyzing category, channel and customer trends, as well as competition and shopper behavior to develop innovative initiatives
- Coaching the distributor’s team with an objective of building sales capability
- Solving any unexpected issues that come up during planning / execution
- Conducting Business Reviews with the parent company and the distributor and building action plans to drive growth accordingly
- Working closely with the supply chain and costumer management teams to ensure right stock levels at all times
- Designing appropriate merchandizing strategies with an objective to drive visibility and execution at store level
- 10+ years Sales / Commercial experience ideally gained within the FMCG industry
- Strong knowledge of the Japanese FMCG market & channel distribution, as well as prior experience or knowledge of the Korea market
- Prior Trade Marketing is preferred
- Excellent command of English and Japanese is required
- Flexibility to travel on a monthly basis
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.