- Lead the finance team and help shape key business decisions to support the company’s growth plans for the region
- Attractive remuneration and excellent opportunities for career progression
- Working for a company with excellent track record in the hospitality space, continuing to innovate and grow even in light of the current circumstances
My client are seeking a Financial Controller to lead and align the finance team’s objectives and outcomes with the group’s overall strategy and plans.
- Provide efficient and zero-defect finance operations support and internal financial controls for all entities
- Ensure timely, accurate, clear and complete financial information to support our operating units and management in decision-making
- Business partnering with our operating units to assist with business and scenario planning
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationship while ensuring that financial guardrails (e.g. internal controls, adherence to approval matrix, spend management, etc.) are strictly enforced
- Ensure full compliance with all Singapore statutory and tax requirements (e.g. Income Tax Act,
- Companies Act, etc.)
- Lead the bi-annual budgeting process and provide financial planning advice to the group’s operating units and management
- Develop and internal roadmap for the team, charting out the timelines for process improvements and systems implementation
- Review and update the team’s structure, staffing, and Area of Responsibility (AOR) is aligned with the changing requirements from the group’s operating units
- Lead and perform random compliance and financial audits (e.g. cash handling, collections and/or
- payments, etc.) with a focus on accuracy, proper documentation, and adherence to internal controls and policies
- Design and implement accounting policies, standards, and processes to ensure consistent and high-quality output by the finance team
- Identify and integrate the best-in-class finance systems and technology
- Degree educated in Accounting/Finance, ideally with an CA or CPA qualification
- 8-15 years of experience of relevant working experience, preferably in F&B or Hospitality sectors, with at least 3 years of experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to implement finance processes and systems - ideally having led an accounting system migration or system implementation project
- Demonstrating Strong leadership skills and be able to help direct reports and cross functional teams to make informed decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with a variety of stakeholders
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496