- Play a critical and transformational role as part of the Leadership team
- Attractive remuneration
- Opportunity to join a market leader in the real estate space
My client, a leading real estate funds platform, are looking to hire a Finance Director to oversee all areas of finance for the company, and play a critical role in driving continued growth in the region.
You will be responsible for all areas of finance, maintaining effective controls over books and records of the MAS licensed company, as well as handling various internal and external reporting requirements of various legal entities.
- Perform day to day financial accounting & monthly closing of the legal entities into the ledger, reconciliation of balances and data analysis
- Addressing queries on financial data to support investment team’s understanding of the implications of financial data for investment performance
- Work with CIO and investment team to contribute to quarterly investor reports, annual fund budget, quarterly board meeting agenda and address ad-hoc questions and special reporting from investors
- Active participation in other ad-hoc finance projects, provide insights and expertise to deliver business requirements
- Support calculation and monitoring of daily risk-based capital adequacy requirements of the MAS licensed entity and preparing quarterly submissions of regulatory filings
- Ensure streamlined controls and processes exist within the group entities
- Support the overall legal entity control function, including, preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors, preparation of various other internal and external reports, providing tax provision etc. of other entities managed by Singapore Finance Team
- Responsibility for entities across Europe, Asia and Australia - coordinating with all fund service providers and JV parties. Review financial reporting and property reports at portfolio level (monthly) and fund & SPV level (quarterly).
- Support acquisition/divestment of assets including review of tax structure papers, tax due-diligence, financial due-diligence, debt financing negotiation and legal documentation. Set up new SPV’s and onboard administrators. Negotiate and finalize operational memo between service providers;
- Fund cash flow management and projection on a quarterly basis, assist deal/capex financing and refinancing process, including negotiation, review of loan documents and document execution.
- CPA or CA trained with a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant experience. Experience in financial institutions is an advantage
- Knowledge or prior working experience in real estate, private equity or alternatives and FX is an advantage
- Commercial and analytical thinker, eager to learn, drive change and work independently
- Proficiency in the use of computer (i.e. MS applications) and exposure to accounting applications
- Strong presentation skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496