- Regional coverage
- Newly created headcount
- Highly visible role
Our client is a global leading industrial conglomerate. An opportunity has come up for an experienced legal and compliance professional to take up an Ethics & Compliance Counsel role. This role reports directly into the Group General Counsel.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 8 PQE (Commonwealth Bar qualification). Prior experience in advising on Compliance matters (FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery Act, Anti-trust, Investigation, Compliance Framework, Training; etc) across the APAC region is a must. The ideal candidate should be someone who has experience in implementing, maintaining, and improving robust ethics and compliance programmes in the region.
This is an excellent role for a legally qualified compliance professional to continue his or her career in the increasingly important Compliance function at the regional level.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have strong stakeholder management skills, high levels of integrity and excellent communication skills.
- Develop and implement robust ethics & compliance programmes
- Lead training and set up effective compliance frameworks
- Advise business stakeholders on compliance related matters
- Conduct investigations as and when required
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices from a compliance angle
- Be the subject matter expert in key compliance topics like anti-bribery and corruption, competition, sanctions, data privacy and others
- Conduct risk assessment and support continuous improvement projects with support from the broader legal team
- LLB/LLM qualified (commonwealth law jurisdiction)
- Min 8 PQE
- Relevant Legal Compliance experience gained with MNCs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496