- Global Coverage
- Senior role
- Team management
Our client, an international leading player in its field of operation is looking to hire a Deputy General Counsel.
Reporting into senior management, this is a group level role with global coverage. The successful candidate will be mandated to advise on a broad range of matters including general corporate commercial, loans/financing, Capital Markets (debt issuance and IPO matters), M&A and others.
You are LLB qualified and called to a commonwealth Bar. Candidates with good understanding of PRC law would be helpful. The ideal candidate should be at least 10 PQE (and comes with a mixed of top tier law firm and in-house experience). Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese a must due to the need to engage with both internal and external stakeholders in both languages.
The role is based in Shanghai and we are keen to relocate suitable candidates from overseas (given the preference for common law qualification).
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to email@example.com
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Support the team in other general corporate commercial and transactional (Capital Markets, M&A, Financing; etc) matters
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Managing the legal team
- Managing external counsels supporting contentious or non-contentious matters, whenever required
- LLB/LLM qualified (commonwealth law jurisdiction)
- Min 10 PQE
- In-house and top tier law firm (Corporate Practice) experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496