- Newly created role
- Highly visible (group level role)
- Broad and exciting scope
Our client, a global leading FinTech company is looking to fill a newly created Deputy Chief Privacy Officer role. Reporting into the Chief Privacy Officer, this is a group level role with a global mandate (APAC including China focus).
You will be given the remit to advise on complex data privacy matters with impact on global regulatory, licensing and business environment.
You are LLB qualified and called to the Bar. Strong understanding of latest development in data privacy policies, standard and frameworks is critical. You should ideally have strong mixed of top/international law firm experience as well as relevant in-house experience with global institutions at a senior level. Experience in FinTech/Financial Services/E-Commerce/Internet industries will be very well regarded. Chinese skills important due to the need to liaise with stakeholders in mainland China.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to email@example.com
- Advise on privacy, data security and related matters with reference on latest development in the legal and regulatory environment
- Draft, review and implement group level data privacy policies
- Understand business requirements and able to provide practical solutions across multiple jurisdictions when data privacy topics are relevant or of concerns
- Manage and develop relationships with relevant regulatory bodies across the world
- Work closely with broader legal & compliance teams/colleagues to ensure adherence/compliance to group wide data privacy programmes
- Conduct training and education programme as and when required
- Support licensing, regulatory and products roll out from a subject matter expert in data privacy point of view as and when required
- Support incident response efforts as and when they come up
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Bar qualification (ideally 15 PQE and above)
- Excellent in-house and law firm experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496