My client is an emerging eCommerce player with a strong focus on the Indonesia market. Having launched (via merger) earlier this year, they are looking to be the first to offer a truly omnichannel experience and to become the single trusted grocery name in Indonesia, both online and offline.
They are now looking for a CTO who can take lead the entire technology team at this crucial stage. In this role, you'd be expected to structure & grow the team, to establish & embody the company culture, and to act as a key member of the organisation from very early days.
As a CTO of an early stage (but high growth) eCommerce you will:
- Lead the entire Technology team (around 40 people)
- Own and further develop the Technology roadmap, including transforming the current structure to be "product led" (agile, squad based)
- Report to CEO
- Embody strategic thinking across the technology organization - helping to determine the future of the team and the business at large
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A very strong background in technology (a degree in Computer Science/Engineering would be useful, plus several years working in technology / app based companies)
- Prior experience leading significant technology teams (30+ people)
- Strong knowledge of the Indonesia market - ideally speaking Bahasa, or else having worked with Indonesian consumers for several years (i.e. having launched products used in Indonesia)
- Strategic vision to back up your technology skills
- A passion / interest in the eCommerce domain and the future of digital shopping/instant delivery in traditionally "underserved" markets