Back to jobs
Credit Model Validation Specialist/Manager/Lead (Singapore Digital Bank)
- Posted 21 February 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- EA License No.15S7496
Our Client, in the exciting Digital Banking space in Singapore, is looking for a Specialist/Manager/Lead to cover its Credit Model Validation function.
Briefly, the role will involve (among other things):-
- Performing pre- and post-implementation validations on credit risk models and FRS 9 models.
- Employing statistical modelling methodology to perform validations and produce outcomes to be analyzed.
- Involvement in challenging and value-adding discussions with model developers to ensure approved models are of the highest standards.
- Ensure adherence to regulator's (MAS) requirements for IRB models.
- Present and explain validation results to management for endorsement and approval.
Ideally, the candidate should possess the following:-
- Degree (or its equivalent) in a quantitative discipline (eg. statistics, mathematics, accounting, finance, banking, economics, etc.).
- 4 to 12 years (though open to more senior candidates as well) working experience in similar/related functions or statistical modelling related functions.
- Be mathematically inclined with familiarity with statistical modelling techniques employed in modeling.
- Familiarity with credit risk models used by the banks (eg. Application and Behaviour scorecards, and capital models: PD, EAD, LGD).
- Familiarity with FRS 9 models.
- Highly-skilled in various Excel mathematical and data manipulation functions.
- Experience in data analysis and data manipulations using SAS software.
- Familiar with various database structures and proven ability to work with IT on data extraction.
Happy to assist you in looking out for other suitable opportunities relevant to your profile as well, so feel free to contact me whether you're keen on this opportunity, or open to other opportunities.
Referrals of anyone suitable or looking out are most welcome and appreciated too!