- Unique opportunity to join a Sequoia backed start up as they gear up for go live
- Senior position, directly managing a team of 5 in Jakarta
- Excellent career progression and significant equity options available
This role is for a General Manager of the Indonesian office in an early-stage start up. The company’s core offering is an interface that connects small businesses with suppliers through an easy to use yet highly versatile mobile app.
- Act as Head of the Indonesian office, sole point of contact for the business, reporting into founder and CEO
- Drive new merchants wins, manage the onboarding processes, and support day-to-day operational needs to ensure 100% retention
- Create and launch regional Brand Strategies
- Act as the local market's "eyes and ears" - share insights in a structured manner that will lead to product improvements
- Generate Progress Reports
- Manage hiring of talent regionally
- Manage PNL
To succeed in this role, you'll be passionate about tech but also a "people" person, you'll roll up your sleeves and work hands on with the team but also act as regional CEO when needed.
- At least 5 years of work experience, or otherwise significant top tier education to demonstrate skillset (e.g. MBA from accredited school, Master’s degree, etc)
- Entrepreneurial mindset: prior experience in launching industry changing products or running your own company would be a very strong plus
- Project management experience, especially in areas of budgeting, team-building and time management
- Expert with spreadsheets for budgeting and reporting purposes
- Able to be hands on and lead the team from the front (aka lead by example)
- Customer centric and passionate about tech is an absolute must
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Fluent in Indonesian, or another ASEAN language, would be a very strong plus
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496