- Fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Broad scope of work, happy to take candidates directly from private practice
- Highly competitive salary package
Our client, an Oil & Gas/ Trading MNC, is looking to hire a legal counsel to be part of their global legal team.
The ideal candidate has strong project financing/ transactional experience in the oil & gas/ commodities space. This is a stable role with an established global company, supporting their business expansion across APAC.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts
- Advising on matters relating to EPC/ Financing/ Trading/ Sale & Purchase and Ship Charter Agreements
- Resolving, negotiating and managing any potential disputes in the region
- Keeping the management and team abreast of the latest developments in the relevant areas of law and regulations
- Commercially savvy and pragmatic legal advice in areas such as employment/ litigation/ licensing matters
- Updating and upholding compliance and internal regulations
- Liaising with and managing various business stakeholders
- At least 5 PQE, ideally called to the Singapore Bar, or in a SEA jurisdiction
- Trained and practiced at a top law firm
- Experience in Oil & Gas/ Commodities/ Shipping/ ISDAs is ideal
- Candidates who are fluent in Mandarin or Bahasa Melayu/Indonesia will be preferred given the regional scope of work
- Initiated, driven, adaptable and with strong interpersonal skills
- Conversational Mandarin fluency is preferred, given the regional scope of work
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496