- International Law Firm
- Strategy and Finance Leadership
- Commercial finance role
Our client, an international law firm is looking for a Controller to join their Finance team.
• Conduct regular face to face meetings with partners to discuss all work in progress and Debtor balances
• Ensure that all actions and issues with respect to the allocated ledger are followed up and resolved within agreed timeframes, escalating where necessary
• Focused management of risk debt balances to ensure that bad write offs and provisions are minimised
• Assist in ensuring that missing timesheets are followed up and submitted within the agreed timeframes
• Assist in monitoring the billing inbox, ensuring that requests for time and disbursement transfers, write offs, copies of billing guides, general queries etc are actioned within agreed timeframes
• Preparation and processing of invoices within agreed timeframes to ensure time and disbursements transactions are complete and accurately charged in accordance with client engagement letters and partner instructions
• Coordination and submission of monthly billing forecast estimates, ensuring that estimates are accurate, reflective of partner conversations and all pledged invoices materialise.
• Provision of detailed financial information in support of bills, i.e. hourly schedules, disbursements and narrative breakdowns for matters and clients when requested.
• Responsibility for e-billing clients and processes where required.
• Regularly monitor and ensure adherence to all documented internal processes and controls.
• Identify and resolve tax related (Withholding tax, Corporate Income Tax, Value-added Tax) issues, including those resulting from multi-jurisdictional billing.
• Manage and resolve general enquiries from clients, partners and fee earners relating to billings and debtors.
• Manage and resolve queries from the Partners and other Support Teams in Asia Pacific and London.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience. Legal industry and professional services experience is preferred
• A strong debt collection background desirable
• Knowledge of local accounting, reporting and tax requirements essential.
• Advanced level Excel essential, with ability to use other Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience of using Elite 3e software an advantage.
Needs to be fluent in English. Cantonese and Mandarin an advantage.
or more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.