Back to jobs
- Posted 23 February 2023
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- EA License No.15S7496
Introducing a green fintech startup that's paving the way towards a sustainable future. By leveraging the latest technology and innovative financial solutions, our client is committed to providing eco-friendly investment opportunities, sustainable financial products, to empower customers to make informed decisions that benefit both their financial wellbeing and the planet.
- Provide compliance advisory services and guidance on UK retail financial services regulation
- Work closely with Legal to design the licensing strategy in UK and in line with expansion plans, and lead in making regulatory licensing applications and operational implementation or oversight of operational implementation as appropriate.
- Undertake the role of Data Protection Officer and act as MLRO if required
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures based on UK regulations and best practices.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify potential compliance risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Design and implement sufficient compliance monitoring frameworks to ensure compliance with UK regulations and support business growth and expansion in existing and new markets.
- Conducting compliance audits and assessments to identify any areas of non-compliance and implementing corrective actions.
- Monitoring regulatory changes and industry trends to ensure that the organization remains up-to-date and compliant.
- Managing relationships and coordinating with internal stakeholders, external auditors and regulatory bodies as needed.
- Developing and maintaining a strong compliance culture throughout the organization.
- Compliance experience within consumer or retail banking space is highly preferred
- In-depth understanding of the UK financial services’s regulatory environment and familiarity with relevant PRA rules, the FCA Handbook and related Consumer Duty.
- Strong knowledge of board range of retail banking products especially on UK licensing regulatory requirements
- Experience in the management of conduct and regulatory risks, including the design and implementation of frameworks and demonstrated competence in developing regulatory compliance monitoring and horizon scanning frameworks
- Proven experience interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions
- It would be desirable but not essential if you hold a relevant professional qualification (e.g., CISI Global Financial Compliance qualification; IRM Certificate in Financial Services Risk Management)
- Systematic and logical with strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal with granularity of issues.
- Delivery of high-quality work, in a fast pace environment
- Able to multitask, prioritise, and meet deadlines.
- Strong team-working skills (and collaboration skills, especially with business and technology partners).
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior key stakeholders