- Newly created role
- Highly visible role with autonomy
- Exciting and fast growing FinTech (well backed by VC)
Our client is a VC backed FinTech company. Reporting into the Head of Legal & Compliance, you will be taking lead in managing a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters including drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts, advise on regulatory changes, draft and implement legal policies and other general commercial matters.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 3 PQE. Experience in Financial Services Regulatory Practice (law firms) or FinTech companies. Experience in advising on legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to a regulated financial services company will be very well-regarded.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, take ownership in delivering, and demonstrate curiosity and interest to pick up new domains.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts across the group
- Advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance topics in the FinTech space
- Identifying and managing risk and liability face by the business in their areas of operations
- Play the role of a strong legal business partner to help business team achieve commercial objectives
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions
- Handle disputes matters as and when they come up, strategising strategy with external support (whenever required)
- Bar qualification (min 3 PQE)
- Solid in-house experience with FinTech companies and/or private practice (FSR) experience will be very well-regarded
- Independent and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Passion/interest in frontier topics within the FinTech space (especially in topics related to personal finance and personal investment management)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496