- Great opportunity to join a large Fintech brand
- Regional exposure with solid career progression
- Fluent Japanese speaker based outside Japan welcome to apply
Our client is a large well-known brand name in the Fintech world and has extensive business and presence across the globe. To cope with expansion, we now have an exciting opening for a key hire within the Compliance team in Tokyo
- Support business in Japan and work closely with the local business development team, other Legal & Compliance (including AML and Privacy) and Risk Management colleagues in NEA International Business.
- Support the agenda of International Compliance function, including developing Compliance policies and procedures, coordinating with other relevant teams in managing and responding to regulators in relation to AML/Sanctions compliance, data privacy, consumer protection, and providing compliance regulatory risk assessments and program implementation in Japan and NEA.
- Lead and support applications for, and continuing maintenance of, payment institutions, payment systems, e-money licenses and other similar Fintech-related business licenses in jurisdictions where the firm conducts its businesses in Japan.
- Drive the regulatory engagement agenda and serve as the point of contact with regional regulators, including coordination for any regulator’s on-site inspection, if required.
- Conduct internal compliance training and education program from time to time.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent work or legal experience.
- At least 8 years of relevant compliance/regulatory/internal controls or similar experience.
- Experience in Banking or financial services regulatory compliance, especially in license and knowledge with Japanese regulator highly preferred
- Knowledge of Fintech, payment systems, money transmitter licensing and stored value licensing and similar legal and regulatory requirements in key strategic markets in Japan and/or NEA is ideal but not a must
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written Japanese and English, Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Some travelling within NEA regions to be expected.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496