CLO Modelling Analyst - Hybrid - Central London - Up to £35k - Annual Bonus
The role of the CLO Modelling Analyst will be to maintain and review various CLO deal models and monthly trustee reporting which in turn support and feed the analytics platforms. You will be responsible for helping to support the gathering of new data sets for our product, implementation of new data projects and the maintenance of other related CLO data initiatives.
The CLO Modelling Analyst role will sit within the data team and will interface with the technology teams and more increasingly with sales and marketing, too.
You will be required to have a fluent working knowledge of excel and you will develop a working knowledge of SQL or other languages as you will be handling data analytics to drive new product screens/solutions and frequent data queries relating to the models, data analytics and all associated communication. It should be stressed that this is not an IT role. It is a role designed for those proficient with data and math and those looking forward to working with financial data and models.
- Data – You will be supporting the efforts of ensuring data quality via regular data cleansing, data review and data gathering.
- Deal Modelling – You will be supporting the completeness and accuracy of the deal model library. Your work will range from altering and reviewing assumptions and inputs used by the engine to model deals as they issue, refinance or reset.
- Communication – You will be reaching out to Trustees (and Managers) to ensure our data and modelling is the best in class and our clients receive the best data in the industry.
- Managing internal and external requests for data analytics and model outputs and product enhancements.
- Interacting with systems and technology teams to specify functional enhancements and conducting subsequent quality assurance testing.
- Assisting in ad hoc projects relating to the provision of financial data to clients.
- Getting exposure to other asset classes in the future and supporting the Head of European Modelling and Content in creating and enhancing solutions/research content in that space.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, and modelling skills
- Preferences for working in a role that deals with large amounts of complex financial concepts and financial data
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- High standard for excellence
- Excellent administration and communication skills, with a highly organized and methodical approach to work
- A self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately and work in a team
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Financial, economic, or business-related degree, equivalent work experience will be considered
- Knowledge of and/or experience in structured finance specifically CLOs
- Ability to write queries in SQL and experience with SQL or similar languages
- Experience using Python