- Attractive remuneration package
- Malaysia Based
- Rare opportunity
Global fine chemicals company specialising in printing inks, PPS compounds and organic pigments. This company operates in more than 50 countries and territories around the world suppling into markets such as automobiles, electronics, and foods. You will provide leadership on the development and execution of the Company strategy and continuously generating and creating shareholder’s value. Besides being accountable for the business performance and driving the business in a sustainable and profitable way, you are also expected to foster closer coordination within the various functions to achieve cohesiveness, synergy and operational excellence. In this key leadership role, you will report directly to the Regional Managing Director, Asia Pacific Region.
- Lead and develop in conjunction with the Company’s direction relating to the Group’s strategy for continuous business growth.
- Initiate, execute and oversee the implementation of short, mid and long-term plans & strategies.
- Lead and direct the operations to achieve the business goals and financial targets.
- Ensure that the internal controls are established in accordance to companies requirements and are both effective and working to protect the interest of the Group at all times.
- Drive effective succession planning for key positions and ensure the development of existing talent and successors for sustainable development and growth of the business in Malaysia.
- Responsible for the achievement of the sales and financial targets in the operations of Malaysia via assertive and forward looking business strategies to acquire and develop new customers and growth.
- Retain current customers and motivate them to further grow existing business and explore opportunities in new potential business segments.
- Conduct extensive market research and contribute to the development of new services based on industry trends, evolution and customers’ feedback and personal experience.
- Explore opportunities proactively in new business environments.
- Implement continuous sales performance evaluations and improvements, to ensure a high level of customer’s satisfaction and retention.
- Develop and strengthen the sales and marketing team in terms of technical knowledge, sales techniques, communication and motivation.
- Constantly re-enforce the Company’s vision and inspire the entire sales team towards a common goal through the deployment of appropriate people strategies and engagement.
- Responsible for preparing and achieving the budget through a well-developed business strategy and effective cost management measures.
- Introduce a system of continuous monitoring for the tracking of sales revenue and associated costs to attain and achieve the budget targets as set.
- Ensure that all financial policies and processes are adhered and in compliance with local financial regulations as well as the Group’s requirements.
- Ensure that the financial management and statutory accounts are reported timely and accurately.
- Review existing processes and policies and provide the needed leadership to implement changes to achieve synergy and efficiency across all the functions in the Company, i.e. Production, Procurement, Logistics, Technical Service, QA and QC etc.
- Establish and monitor the performance of the Company against standards and targets in areas such as manufacturing efficiency, cost control, sales revenue, legal compliance and human resource management.
- Direct all aspects of the operations in the region to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy and plans.
- Inspire operational excellence among all functions to ensure customers’ needs are achieved at a minimal cost level.
- Ensure the health and safety of employees.
- Skilled in areas such as manufacturing efficiency, cost control, sales revenue, legal compliance and human resource management
- Responsible for P&L within pervious roles
- Worked within the Chemicals Manufacturing Industry
- Must have a strong understanding of the chemicals industry, preferably fine chemical
- Degree in Chemicals
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.