Chief of Staff (3-5 years exp) - Fast Growing SME
- Posted 21 February 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineLeadership & General Management
- EA License No.15S7496
Our client, a successful and fast-growing education business has exclusively mandated us to fill a newly created Chief of Staff role. Due to the need for the founders to focus their attention on a new venture in a related space, the founders have made the decision to appoint a Chief of Staff to assist in the management of the existing business.
Reporting to the founders, this is a highly visible role with full operational and strategic responsibilities. The successful candidate will have a clear pathway to a CEO role and potentially participate in attractive financial upside in contributing to the company's success.
The founders are ambitious and keen to identify a driven and capable talent who can work closely with them to take the business to the next level. As successful entrepreneurs with a proven track record, active mentorship and guidance will be given. This is a unique pivotal opportunity for anyone looking to fast-track his/her career in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Full P&L management and responsibilities
- Set, align and review strategies with the founders to achieve short-term and long-term company goals
- Design and implement tactical plans to achieve commercial outcomes
- Oversee daily operations and ensure performance financial and non-financial metrics are objectively measured and analysed to provide meaningful feedback
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to all employees and ensure strong employee engagement/talent agenda is in place to develop a high-performing management team
- Provide strong leadership in crisis management (as and when unlikely negative events occur)
- Keep abreast of legal, regulatory, and general developments in the education industry to ensure the company stays competitive and policies/strategies remain robust and relevant
- Excellent education background with Degree qualification from a top tier University
- 3-5 years of professional experience ideally with time spent in both leading Strategy/Management Consulting firm(s) as well as startup/high-growth companies
- Experience in the Education industry is not required (in fact we highly prefer candidates that can come in with fresh perspectives)