Our client is a leading, global professional services firm that works within the insurance sector, which have grown extensively in both size and service offerings. They are currently upgrading their technology stack in over 70 regions and seeking a Business Strategy Manager/Portfolio Manager to support the Global Delivery Director. The aim is to improve the efficiency and cost of technology platforms globally.
This is not a Programme Manager or a Business Analyst role, but for a Portfolio Manager or Business Manager to run portfolios of programmes.
- Conduit between Technology and Business (corporate strategy) team, able to oversee multiple programmes and workstreams across multiple regions;
- Communicate with Programme Managers within the Technology Transformation space, to analyse and identify their objectives, what they want to do and communicate expectations from The Business side, and ensure they are in a position to deliver effectively.
- Identify, communicate and execute priorities for various programme streams, setting time frames with programme stakeholders and the business leaders, as well as managing expectations upwards;
- Be an accessible mouthpiece for the Global Delivery Director, communicating across programme streams;
- Identify strategic priorities and ensure programme is being efficiently, successfully and responsibly executed. This entails collaborating with Programme Managers globally to ensure things are running to or ahead of plan.
- Experienced portfolio manager or business manager with demonstrable, previous experience managing high value ($50m+) portfolios of programmes;
- High energy individual comfortable working in complex, matrix project environments;
- Strong communication skills and able to quickly identify priorities and execute thereon;
- Comfortable to build strong relationships with diverse workstreams, and enforce high-performance without alienating individuals;
- Experience as Portfolio Manager or Programme Manager within a regulated entity. Consultancy backgrounds are useful but ideally you will have a combination of in-house experience too.
- Operates at pace;
- Experience with major programmes within regulated environment - Financial Services is advantageous, insurance exposure is useful but definitely not required.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and discussing the programme in more detail, then please send across your CV or LinkedIn programme.