Our client, a payments start-up disrupting the FinTech world, is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join their team.
This is a contract role and you will be required to attend my client's London office on a hybrid basis (They are flexible, this could be 1, 2 or 3 days per week dependent on your preference).
An SDS has not been completed as of yet, so we are open to both Inside IR35 (Preferred) and Outside IR35 applications - Rate is negotiable.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the Backend Software Engineer will be to support the build of elegant, performant, maintainable, operable and secure Golang microservices, to help design and architect our client's systems, and to develop and to continue the journey of continuous improvement to make the team the best that it can be.
Our client's current tech stack includes (but is not limited to):
- Languages: GO, PHP
- Messaging: Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Data: Event Driven Architecture, Snowplow, Python for the ETL
- Our development practices include: TDD, BDD, Scrum
- Database: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, BigQuery
- Mobile: iOS/Android; Swift/Kotlin
- Our DevOps culture includes: CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
Skills & Experience (some, not all)
- In-depth knowledge of more than one software language among Go, Java, C++, Python with Go experience preferable but not essential - You must have a willingness to work on Golang
- Experience of building microservices; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes
- Experience of agile development practices
- Experience with RDBMS & NoSQL datastores
- Bonus points for real-time low-latency high-frequency transaction based systems
- Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS) and provide sound rationale behind technical decisions
- Demonstrable experience of building large concurrent and distributed applications
- Experience of developing and running large scale production environments in or closely with DevOps / SRE
- Bonus points for experience with event driven architectures
- A genuine interest in working in a fast paced startup and ideally Fintech
- Bonus points for experience of mentoring and coaching other engineers (L5)
- Voracious appetite for learning