- North Asia (including HK, China and Japan) coverage
- New headcount
- Highly visible role
Our client is a highly reputable UK headquartered global real estate company. Reporting into the senior counsel based in Hong Kong, this is an exciting role for a junior-mid lawyer to work on interesting real estate transactions (acquisitions/disposals, joint ventures, development and investments) across the region.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 3 to 5 PQE. Prior in-house experience in tier 1 real estate funds, international real estate companies or corporate real estate practice (in leading law firms) will be well regarded. Candidates coming straight from practice welcomed to apply. The company has a progressive, flexible and international culture.To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, independent, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including but not limited to sales and purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, finance agreements, service agreements and other general commercial contracts
- Liaise and work with external counsels and counterparties on due diligence, review of agreements, legal risk analysis and general following through various real estate and related transactions
- Collaborating with UK HQ General Counsel and other stakeholders to ensure compliance to company’s policies
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- Coordinate and liaise directly with service provider (i.e. corporate secretarial service) on relevant matters
- LLB/LLM qualified (3 to 5 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction
- Strong in-house and/or law firm experience will be well regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
EA Licence No.: 15S7496