- Newly created headcount
- APAC coverage
- Fast-paced, high growth and exciting environment
Our client, a leading e-commerce company is looking to hire an APAC Data Privacy Counsel to be based out of their Singapore office. Reporting into the APAC General Counsel, this is a newly created role with the mandate to advise on data privacy and related topics across the APAC region (including Japan).
Candidates with strong experience and knowledge in data privacy matters (GDPR, data protection law, data governance; etc) will be well-regarded. Lawyers currently in private practice with relevant experience welcomed to apply. This is a good role for candidates who are keen to work in a fast-paced, high growth and exciting environment.
- Draft, review and advise on data protection related terms in commercial agreements.
- Providing training and advice to business stakeholders on data privacy related considerations.
- Work closely with HQ Data Privacy function to implement, improve and monitor data privacy policies and framework across APAC region.
- Advise on privacy and data security consideration pertaining to new products.
- Provide support in the event of data incidents (breaches, investigations, law enforcement liaison; etc)
- Work closely with broader legal team to ensure data privacy agendas are well communicated and adhered to
- Manage external counsels as and when required.
- Min 5 PQE (Commonwealth jurisdiction)
- Relevant experience in data protection/data privacy laws, regulations, policies, and frameworks (PDPA, GDPR)
- Regional exposure
- Team player
- Hands on and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496