- Regional role
- Privately owned, global business
- Organisation is known to hire top tier candidates
Our client is an impressive, growing Pharmaceuticals business looking to recruit a Regional Compliance and Audit Manager to be based in their Singapore office.
You will be responsible for planning, executing and performing auditing and monitoring procedures for the company in order to assess the effectiveness of company’s corporate compliance program. The audits performed are those of company’s subsidiaries, third parties and other compliance related processes. You will also be tasked with building and maintaining the compliance framework in the APAC region. Activities include developing and maintaining region specific policies and procedures, assist with and participate in special investigative activities, as well as other global and regional compliance initiatives as needed.
- Provide advice and interpretation of the company's code of conduct, compliance policies, relevant health industry regulations, and industry codes.
- Build partnerships with in-country compliance officers, business, and functional stakeholders to lead the implementation of governance framework and ensure alignment between compliance and business strategies.
- Function as subject matter expert on regional compliance and audit issues, developing expertise in company compliance policies, relevant health industry regulations and industry codes (including those which relate to fraud and abuse, advertising and promotion, non-promotional, and clinical activities).
- Ability to work with senior executives to effectively counsel and advise on a wide range of compliance issues as well as proactively identify areas for business enhancements and of non-compliance with legal requirements, regulatory guidelines, company policies, and/or written standards.
- Manage the enhancement of company’s global compliance audit and monitoring program.
- Assist the Senior Manager in the development and presentation of periodic reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and the Global Risk & Compliance Committee on the status of the Annual Auditing and Monitoring Plan, summary of findings, and the implementation of remedial measures.
- Ensure effective execution of the Annual Auditing and Monitoring Plan by conducting and/or overseeing the performance of corporate and third party compliance auditing and monitoring activities and effectively document and reporting findings.
- Lead or coordinate investigations of reported compliance related issues.
- Stay up to date of industry developments and relevant laws and regulations, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and regional industry codes, and update the program in response to those developments.
- Recommend changes to corporate compliance policies and practices to be consistent with regional laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Law, or a related field.
- 7 years or more of compliance experience with audit/monitoring, investigative and training experience
- Regional and local compliance regulations and industry codes expertise required
- Experience in the medical device, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry preferred
- Knowledge of current local/ global compliance regulations
- Demonstrate organizational and project management skills.
- High ethical standards and strong business acumen to lead to sound, timely and thorough results and recommendations.
- Must be fluent in English and preferably in one of the following languages: Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean.
- Experience using data analytics tools (e.g., ACL, IDEA) is a plus.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.